Skip to main content
IP Sources from Subscription Databases
- On the main page, you’ll see in the right column in the center box, a link for “Intellectual Property.” This will bring you to the Intellectual Property practice center that includes links to the various content Westlaw has for intellectual property. Below that, there is a section for International Law which will bring you to a page listing specific foreign jurisdictions and types of content. Click on the jurisdiction to see the specific materials available.
- Lexis Advance
- “Browse” to find sources, unless you have a specific source in mind. Under “Browse” you have the option of looking by Topic or Source. Under “Topic,” you’ll find intellectual property topics broken out into “Copyright law,” “patent law,” and “trademark law.” You’ll also find a topic for “international law” and “international trade law.” Under browse by “sources” you’ll have the options of looking by category, jurisdiction, practice area, or publisher. Browsing by practice area is the same as browsing by topic. By category, you can narrow down to the type of information you’re looking for, and jurisdiction only allows you to narrow to a particular U.S. jurisdiction. If you start by topic, you’ll have the option of narrowing down by these same facets later.
- Bloomberg Law
- Under “Practice Pages” there is a section on International IP Law. You’ll find Books and Treatises, Treaties and Conventions, links to regulatory agencies and organizations.
- In the “Browse Collections” box on the main screen, you can browse the collection by topic or by name. Look through the Foreign and International Law and the International Treaties and Agreements collections.
- Click the catalog tab above the search box at the top of the screen and search for terms like "intellectual property" or "copyright" to locate relevant titles in the collection.
- Foreign Law Guide
- Sorted by Countries, Laws by Subject, and a cumulative list of materials indexed in the database. Try first browsing laws by subject. Click on Intellectual Property and then choose your country of interest. You'll find a list of sources or links to material online. Some resources may be freely available while others may require a subscription.
Chastek Library, Gonzaga University School of Law | 721 N. Cincinnati St. Spokane, WA 99220-3528 | 509.313.3758